Subjects you teach: Reading/Literature, Writing/Composition
Degrees: Bachelor of Arts, Journalism, Point Loma Nazarene University, 2013
Relevant Work Experience: 8th grade literature/composition teacher, Academy of Math and Science, Camelback, 2018-2019
Teacher on Assignment, Washington Elementary School District 2019-2020
5th grade ELA Teacher, Griffith Elementary School 2020-2022
Why Phoenix Christian? I know that Phoenix Christian has a history of excellence in both academics and extracurriculars. Even more important, the school has a legacy of shaping young lives to the glory of Christ. The missional mindset of the school algins perfectly with my passion for seeing young lives transformed through the lens of God’s great story. I’m excited to play a part in that story!
Answer ONE of the following questions:
1. List a favorite Bible verse and why it is a favorite/what does it mean to you.
2. What is something you do for fun when you’re not teaching?
3. Who was your favorite teacher and why?
4. List a favorite quote (with attribution)
2. What is something you do for fun when you’re not teaching? I am a HUGE movie buff going back to when I was in high school. I remember making my way through the American Film Institute’s Top 100 Movies of All Time, and after that I was hooked. Since then, I have been an amateur film critic, writing for various websites and my own movie blog (entertainmenthunter.com). I have a passion for exploring the intersection between film and religion/spirituality. I love going to the movies and also love playing board games with my wife.
Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and try again.
Thank you for your inquiry!
A member of our admissions team will be in contact with you soon.
Request More Information
Submit the form below and a member of the admissions team will be in touch!